Walking can add so many benefits to our health and to our daily lives. It is important to fit some time in each day for a workout. It’s a great low-impact cardio workout most anyone can do.
Make it a goal to walk every day
With all the benefits to walking and good health (see my 10 favorites below), I have made a vow to myself that I will include more walking in my daily routine. I had a good 5 day streak of getting up each weekday and walking for at least 30 minutes before I start the rest of my day. I plan to keep it up from now on. By getting up just a little bit earlier, it really helped me fit that routine in my schedule. If you need help on finding more time to workout read this post.
Even 30 minutes 3 times per week has many health benefits. Those who are working on losing weight and getting in shape (like me), can easily use walking as a beginner plan.Even 30 minutes 3 times per week has many health benefits. #Walk for good health Click To Tweet
10 Ways walking is good for you
- A full body exercise program
- It is low-impact so most people can do this exercise
- It’s versatile: You can walk fast, slow, incorporate other exercises, use weights etc.
- You can have one long workout or break it up in smaller sessions throughout the day
- Can be a solo or group activity or even bring your dog!
- Listening to music can motivate you to increase your workout time and it can be a mentally relaxing workout listening to your favorite tunes
- Helps with weight loss
- You can walk indoors or outdoors
- Helps with many health issues such as strengthening your bones and muscles, preventing or managing diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure, and improves your mood for good mental health.
- Improves proper functioning of your digestive system and increases blood flow in your body, which equates to better cardiovascular health.
I like this 7 day workout plan from My Fitness Pal Blog:
Start walking today! Share this post on your favorite social media!