How many of us drink enough water? Staying properly hydrated is something many people struggle with but there are ways to change that. I’m going to show you 8 simple ways to increase you daily water intake.
Disclaimer: Some of my posts may contain Affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation for writing a review or sharing a product, however all opinions in this blog are my own. This helps keep my blog running and I appreciate your support. For a full explanation of my website disclaimers click here.
Water: Our life source. Are you getting enough?
It is so important to get enough water on a daily basis. It’s truly is a life source, especially when you think our bodies are approximately 60% water. Also a significant source for cell growth and maintenance and repair. And of course when we start any exercise and fitness routine, staying properly hydrated is a must for not only our cells but our muscles as well.
But I’ll be honest here, I’ve never been the type of person to just guzzle it down on a regular basis. I have been known to feel quite dehydrated when I was younger, because I just didn’t like drinking plain old H2O. Well, I’m much more mature and a lot smarter about my health now and I will do anything to make sure I’m staying properly hydrated. There just comes a time in your life where you care more about your health and you want to make sure you’re doing everything you can to be healthy.
Now, if you just love drinking water, good for you. Really, I mean it. That makes it so much easier to get your daily water intake. But if you struggle with it, don’t fret because there are ways to keep it interesting so you can increase your intake. Keep reading for my 8 simple suggestions.Water: A wonderful life source. Are you getting enough? Click To Tweet
8 Ways to increase your water intake
- Eat foods with high levels of water. Eat more watermelon, cucumbers, spinach, bell peppers, cantaloupe, celery, eggplant, cauliflower, broccoli, green peas, carrots, pineapple, iceberg lettuce, oranges, blueberries, tomatoes, pears, grapefruit, watercress and raspberries. And if you want some other suggestions on what to eat and drink before your workout click here.
- Tea. Yes I said it and I’ll say it again: I love love love tea! There’s so many flavors to choose from and many of those flavors have added health benefits in addition to increasing your water intake. Get an electric kettle (they heat up to boiling temps in seconds) and drink tea anytime of day or night!
- Sparkling and bubbly. This is something that’s actually kinda of a treat for me. The added carbonation makes me feel like I’m drinking something fancy and it’s something I now enjoy. Drink this instead of soda and you’ll be doing yourself a huge favor!
- Drink through a straw. Yes it may sound silly, but you actually drink more when you drink through a straw. I’ve tried it and I seem to guzzle down a lot more when I use a straw. Try it!
- Try an energy fizz stick. One of my absolute favorite products from Arbonne, drink these with about 20oz of water and you’ll feel hydrated and full of natural energy. No after effects like when drinking coffee (and I know I’ve drunk lots of coffee for years). I just drink one a day and I’m good compared to 2-3 cups of coffee per day. I’ve been able to give up the large amounts of caffeine and increase my water intake. These fizz sticks come in 2 flavors and include key ingredients such as green tea, B vitamins, antioxidants and more to provide a steady natural energy. For more info. or to buy some visit my Arbonne independent consultant website.
- Add a little kick to your hydration with Arbonne’s phytosport complete hydration packets. These are so cool they come in individual packets and contain a blend of 6 electrolytes to support optimal hydration for proper muscle and cell function. You can buy them here on my Arbonne independent consultant website.
- Get a cool water bottle. One of the ways I kinda trick myself into drinking more water is to buy really cool water bottles. There’s so many styles out there whether you buy them online or in stores there’s something for everyone. I like having a few different styles and colors to choose from. It’s exciting to drink water just so I could use my water bottles. I keep one in my purse so I always have some with me. I have another one at my desk and another on my nightstand. There’s no excuse! Try adding fruit for flavor, some bottles are made specifically for those who like to diffuse fruit into their water!
- Set reminders. Seriously set an alarm clock, put a post it note on the fridge, have someone text you, use a tracking app or whatever will work for you & see how much you can drink per day. Follow these tips, you’d be amazed at how simple it truly is to increase your water intake.
Share this post on your favorite social media!