Are you an entrepreneur? What makes one successful in business? I’m sharing 10 traits many successful entrepreneurs have. There’s no secret to success, it’s what you make of it, but there are traits that build a great foundation. See how many of these you have or maybe it’s time for some self-development so you can succeed.
Disclaimer: Some of my posts may contain Affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation for writing a review or sharing a product, however all opinions in this blog are my own. This helps keep my blog running and I appreciate your support. For a full explanation of my website disclaimers click here.
The entrepreneur life: It’s a tough but rewarding business
Being in business for yourself can be both rewarding and challenging at the same time. People always ask someone who is successful, “What’s the key to your success?” While it can be different for everyone, there are always some common threads that tie successful people together. So I came up with the 10 traits that I see the most. I can probably think of 10 more, but for the sake of time (time is money you know) 🙂 I’m going to just share 10 key traits.Life is too short to be working for someone else's dream. Click To Tweet
10 Traits of Successful Entrepreneurs
- They either are early risers and/or stay up late to get things done. They’re hard workers that do what it takes to get the job done.
- You sometimes cannot tell they have a lot of money because they are not super flashy. People who are successful in business don’t always drive a fancy car or wear the fanciest clothes, sometimes you wouldn’t even notice them. They spend time-saving and investing, not just spending. It’s not to say they don’t have nice things because many do, but it’s not always an in your face kind of thing.
- Create multiple sources of income. The average entrepreneur has a least 7 sources of income. If you ask a successful entrepreneur keys to success this would definitely be a top 10. Creating multiple income streams affords you opportunities to build wealth and even if one area of income is not doing well, you’ll still have other income coming in. Yes then you will have a cushion of income, since life and finances can change so quickly.
- They give back and help others. It is my belief that if you’re going to be wealthy and successful giving back is a must. There’s so much good you can do in this world and once you find your purpose and passion in life, you’ll find a way to give back.
- Lead by example. Good entrepreneurs lead by example, there’s really no better way than to practice what you preach.
- A true team player, helping others to succeed. When you seek to help others rise to the top, success for you is just another by-product of your overall mission. You are only as good as the team that follows you. Be a good one. Don’t be too good to get down in the trenches with everyone else and work hard.
- Always talking about their business. Now I’m not talking about just a sales pitch every time you talk to someone, but if you’re passionate about your work and what you do, since it is YOUR business, an entrepreneur tends to share their passion and business with other people. I’m always talking about my blog. Also, that’s what I do with Arbonne as a consultant, I share my passion. You can read more about it HERE.
- Stay motivated even during tough times. You have to have discipline and fortitude to persevere in these rough waters of entrepreneurship. It’s not for everyone. There are days when things just don’t go well and you have to see the light at the end of the tunnel and not give up.
- Have time and task discipline. Time management is very important. Many people think if you have your own business you don’t have to work that much because you can just do whatever you want. However, it’s not to say you can’t get to that type of position, but most people have to work many many hours and put in work even if you’re not making any money just to lay the groundwork and build their business. If you don’t have the discipline to treat your own business like a real job it won’t be successful.
- Not afraid to ask for help. Yes ask questions. Learn what you can. Reach out for new resources. Network with those who are doing what you do. No one knows everything and if you don’t ask you won’t get an answer. An entrepreneur is not afraid to ask for help when they need it, because it just might the breakthrough that they’re looking for.
There you go! Think you got what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Hope you enjoyed this post. Stay tuned for more posts. In the meantime read some of my previous posts here:The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.-Nolan Bushnell Click To Tweet
Do you want to live the life of your dreams? What’s stopping you from becoming your best self? Send me an email at email@example.com to learn about an amazing business opportunity based on helping others and changing lives! Share this with someone who’d be interested.