The dreaded squat exercise. Some love it, most hate it. But they really do work to build muscle, improve coordination and enhance other assets 🙂 So how can we learn to enjoy squats? I’m starting a 30 day Squat challenge won’t you join me?
Disclaimer: Some of my posts may contain Affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation for writing a review or sharing a product, however all opinions in this blog are my own. This helps keep my blog running and I appreciate your support. For a full explanation of my website disclaimers click here.
Squats: Fundamentals & General Info.
Squats are a good exercise. Really they are. I know you probably hate them and love them at the same time. At least I do. There’s so many benefits to doing squats:
- Increases balance & coordination
- Makes your rear look great
- Strengthens your thighs and calves
- Burns fat
- There’s different variations of squats you can do
- A workout you can do both indoors and outdoors
- You can incorporate weights to increase the burn
- Help with posture, circulation and strengthen the knees
There are sometimes I do wonder if I’m doing it right though. When performing any exercise, you want to make sure you are using proper form to avoid injury and to reap the most benefits of the exercise. So here’s how to do a proper squat:
How to do a squat: formation of a squat (This is for a basic body weight squat no added equipment)
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips with toes pointed outward.
- Extend both arms out in front of you.
- Make sure your posture is straight, don’t bend or lean forward and keep your chest and shoulders up.
- Your weight should rest on the heels and balls of your feet.
- You start with moving your hips back as your knees bend with the motion of the squat. Do not bend your knees first, use your hips and push your butt back.
- Make sure your knees do not go over your toes.
- As you go back up you should maintain your form.
- Once you are a pro at this form try using weights, and different squat formations.
The 30 Day Squat Challenge! Let’s Do this!
Alright, here it is. There’s so many squat challenges on the internet but I wanted to make up my own. Why not make it fun? So if you’re up for the challenge, I suggest you bookmark this page and get ready to squat! And follow me on Facebook and Twitter for the next 30 days to see my progress!
Day 1 20 Let’s get started! Stay motivated!
Day 2 40
Day 3 60
Day 4 REST DAY
Day 5 60 Rest time is over. Get back to your squats! Keep going!
Day 6 75 Try a new squat variation today. Mix it up!
Day 7 50
Day 8 REST DAY
Day 9 75 Perform 2 different variations of squats today
Day 10 40
Day 11 60 Have you been drinking your water? Check this out for tips on drinking more water.
Day 12 REST DAY
Day 13 60
Day 14 75
Day 15 80 Half point! You can do this! Don’t give up.
Day 16 REST DAY
Day 17 25
Day 18 50
Day 19 80 Get some protein in to help those sore muscles! Try an Arbonne protein shake. I love these! Shop here on my Consultant site.
Day 20 REST DAY
Day 21 40
Day 22 60 Perform 3 variation of squats today
Day 23 80 Stay strong more than half-way through!
Day 24 20
Day 25 60
Day 26 REST DAY
Day 27 70 Home stretch keep it moving! Do you feel the changes? Keep drinking that water to stay hydrated.
Day 28 20
Day 29 90 One more day to go. You got this!
Day 30 100 Yes you did it!